Sunday, April 08, 2007

I AM...gonna meet Oprah!

Definition:
[n] an act of intending; a volition that you intend to carry out; "my intention changed once I saw her" ; [n] an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"; [n] (usually plural) the goal with respect to a marriage proposal; "his intentions are entirely honorable"

The concept of an 'intention' is often presented as all one needs to achieve any hoped-for outcome. But, it's important to keep in mind that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. In other words, merely intending to do something without actually taking the necessary action to make it real is like doing nothing at all.

A recent example from my own journey over the last 5 years: I want to get the story of iCREATE to Oprah. Since I don't know her personally, I went to her website in 2005 and sent her my story. And then I submitted it again in early 2006. And once again in late 2006.

As you may have noticed, you haven't seen me on Oprah, lol. But, I had faith that I'd fulfill the intention of getting the message to Oprah.

In February 2007 I got an email from a friend telling me of the contestant search for Oprah's "Big Give" television show. I checked out the website, overcame my fear of seeing myself on video, followed the instructions and confirmed the receipt of the package. Since then I have been waiting [mostly] patiently to see if I am contacted for the semi-final round of the selection process. Thanks to site tracking, I do see the e-footprints of people associated with the show and I like to think that everyone that checks the site from Chicago is a friend of Oprah. And that they are telling her about iCREATE.

Whether or not I am selected for the next round, I have taken the necessary actions to fulfill my original intention of getting the information about iCREATE to Oprah.

Intention + Actions = Manifestation

I AM...gonna meet Oprah!

rg

No comments: